The HVNI Board would like to invite you to the HVNI AGM 2023, whichtakes place on Wednesday 15 November from 13.00 – 13.45. The AGM venue is Room G04 in UCC’s Brookfield Health SciencesComplex, College Road, Cork, and takes place during the Annual CriticalPerspectives Conference on 15 and 16 November. In addition to the formal AGM procedures (annual report, accounts,nominations, … Continue reading ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2023 ANNOUNCEMENT
The West Cork Hearing Voices Groups are delighted to announce that we will celebrate our tenth anniversary in September 2023. We started with one group and grew to three groups across West Cork. Our goal is to have a group in every main town in West Cork. Co-facilitators have been trained by Jacqui Dillon in … Continue reading 10th anniversary celebration for West Cork Hearing Voices Group!
Request for Participation in Research Project Hello, My name is Abbie, and I am a Trainee Clinical Psychologist. As part of my doctorate training course, I am completing a piece of research aiming to learn from those with lived experience of hearing voices, seeing things, having unshared beliefs and/or other unusual experiences. With the aim that … Continue reading Research Opportunity – Stories of managing trauma, difficulty and unusual experiences
You can also donate by scanning the QR Code below
Our Chairperson of HVNI speaks about Hearing Voices
The Hearing Voices Network Ireland (HVNI) is one of over 20 nationally-based networks around the world joined by shared goals and values, incorporating a fundamental belief that there are many ways to understand the experience of hearing voices and other unusual or extreme experiences. It is part of an international collaboration between people with lived experience, their families and professionals to develop an alternative approach to coping with emotional distress that is empowering and useful to people, and does not start from the assumption that they have an illness.
Goals of the Hearing Voices Network Ireland Include:
- Raising awareness about voice hearing, visions and other unusual or extreme experiences
- Supporting anyone who has had these experiences by providing opportunities to talk about them freely and without judgment amongst peers
- Supporting anyone who has had these experiences to explore, understand, learn and grow from them in their own way
- Supporting family, friends, workers and the general community to broaden their understanding and ability to support individuals who have had these experiences
Our Work Includes:
- Promoting access to information and resources about hearing voices and related topics and supporting the development of HVN support groups in accordance Intervoice
- Providing information for providers, family, friends and the general public on the HVN approach and the experience of hearing voices and other unusual or extreme experiences
- Providing information on training for individuals interested in becoming HVN group facilitators and starting new groups
- Supporting HVN group facilitators to network and support one another